Monday, September 13, 2010

Circus in town...

Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I wish we all had more time to spend together. However, when we are together it often reminds me of a 9 ring circus and their are only four of us in the family.

Mom and dad came and we got some great projects done around the homestead...
  • Building me a headboard - This has been much needed and I have waited with anticipation for this moment! I think it looks fantastic and I am so thankful for them making it for me. It is not so much used for deco and much more needed to keep my pillows on the bed!
  • Moved Lacy's bike rack. I am going to make an amazing wife b/c my dad teaches me how to do shit on my own. With a small help from Father I got the thing moved and pretty impressed with myself.
  • Learned how to trim bushes and they all look much better! Maybe I should try cutting hair next.
  • Cleaned out Wade's ears...really nothing more to say about that
  • Cooked!! We had a fantastic dinner...salmon with recipe found here, veggie dip found here, Spinach artichoke dip that will soon be posted on blog, salad and garlic bread. Followed by some freshly baked Chocolate chip cookies (after burning for several years I have learned how to make them pretty much perfect...)
  • Played a game of Rummy, father kicked ass.
It was a fantastic evening filled with family, friends and good memories. This was a good test to see how Christmas will go this year when mom and dad move in for a week, I am looking forward to it and already started the list of projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment