Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blessed...

Work is into full swing in my life! There are always so many great things going on this time of year that I often find it hard to have balance with it all. This week had several nights of not getting home till after midnight in a row. It's all been great stuff but takes a large chunk out of girls times. It is Thursday evening and for me it is my Friday night. I am trying this year to take Friday off and most of Saturdays, Sunday is always my Monday (Makes it hard to watch the Bears games sometimes...)

This week an amazing friend came into town. Mike Patin came to do the Youth Ministry kick off on Tuesday and talked about having good communication in the workplace. As always he is fantastic at new ideas, prayer, and speaking the truth. It was amazing to spend the day
with so many Youth Ministers and those that work so hard for the youth of the church. It was nice to be able to share ideas, prayer, and stories with those that understand my job the most.

On Wednesday Mike took his evening to talk to the over 200 High School students in the Des Moines area about living their faith out daily. I know it was an amazing
night for the Youth when they posted quotes from the night on my facebook page and the the countless text about fav. quotes from the evening. Then we took Mike out for a few drinks and lots of laughs. It was a fantastic evening and way
to send him out of Des Moines with a bang!

This is a picture of my bookend at work, Deanna and Mike. I don't
know why in most pictures I look like I am drugged up and eyes half open but I promise I was sober with only having one beer the
whole night. I am a better Youth Minister thanks to these two friends in my life, the wisdom we show each other is life giving.

If you would ever like to meet Mike he will be the MC for the adult Youth Ministry conference in New Orleans and one of the Key Notes at the next NCYC in Indy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment