Monday, September 6, 2010

Are you ready for some...

Fall - what a fantastic time of the year! Several people have shared with me that they are loving that fall is fast approaching. The cool crisp air, windows open, allergies starting, football starting, looking up new soup recipes, cooking with the oven, changing up the clothes the list goes on.

What am I most looking forward to, Are you ready for some football!!! It is no surprise to those that I am close to that I have a love for football. High School, college, NFL you name it and I will watch it.

Friday night I headed over to watch Van Meter boys take on top ranked (even in a class above them) Pella Christian. They played a fantastic game however could not hold onto the win. This is the first time I have been back to a Van Meter game, in Van Meter since Wade graduated. I parked at some family friends house, had a beer with Ray and chatted with Mary. Before walking on over to the game. I was not at all surprised how nothing has changed. Same cheers from the cheerleaders, locals standing in the same spot cheering on their team, same medical responders. I have a very special group of Sr. boys that have been asking me for years to come watch them once they started for Van Meter. They did such an amazing job, it was fantastic evening filled with great football, good friends and family and of course a few beers!

It was at this field where I learned to love this sport. I remember as a kid sitting on the side lines with my mom and her teaching the rules about football. It was simple, you have 4 tries to get 10 yards. I will always remember lesson number one!

I am excited to watch the Iowa vs. ISU game next Saturday, I hope ISU shows up to play. Of course there is the Bears, if we win against the Lions on Sunday in our opening game I am going to be blown away.

In other football news one of the most important parts of football is the pre and post game tailgating! This week in our football tailgating week, all week we will be posting our favorite tailgating recipes for all to enjoy! Stop in each day and check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment