Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nesting...

I suck at blogging, I am amazing at having an online journal that no one sees. So many great post in the saved setting. However today it came to me about something I should write about that post....here goes I hope it does not suck!!

When Lacy and I moved into our townhouse last August I have two small rooms and Lacy has the gym. One room is a guest room/my office. The other room is my "sleeping room" I have my dresser, bed, prayer chair and bedside table/prayer table. I put my bed at an angle, and truly that is the best location for my bed giving the size vs. window placement vs. air vent. Problem with my bed at an angle is that my head is kinda "floating" with nothing to hold the pillows on the bed and with all the moving I do b/c I can't sleep like an adult the pillows fall on the floor. Also, my head is by the window and now that the sun is coming up earlier and earlier that is just not working. I tried to move things around and I hate it... please see pic.

This is the prayer chair...the prayer table needs to be by it along with the lamp...












This is the other side of the room, it has to much furniture on one wall... the air vent sits dead in the middle under the window..LAME!









Another view...









Now to a "normal" person this would not be a problem..however my OCD/clean person who likes to nest at night for prayer time with my prayer table, lamp and prayer chair this room does NOT work. I could not even go to bed last night b/c I did not know how to pray before bed without being "nested" before bed. I like the bed not against the wall is nice. Really the problem is the prayer area... anyone has any ideas I would like that. Last night I was up till after midnight b/c I just did not know what to do. When I came home from work and walked into my room I did not like that there was no nesting prayer area. Also, to much stuff on one wall. Please see this post for more information about prayer time....

Maybe what I need to do is move it back, buy a headboard and curtains and move on.

In other prayer news I am learning morning prayer with Ligurgy of the Hours. It is going well and I am able to spend an extra 15 min. each morning nested in bed...

Talk to you all in 5 months...

3 comments:

  1. I'd highly recommend a headboard. Mikeee and I had the bed diagonally situated for a while and the headboard made all the difference! Also: mini-blinds make for nice filtered light. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: E1 has a kid. I saw her at church from afar on Sunday. Just thought I'd work in the MCV grapevine. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go with MM from above and say headboard. All the real adults have one and it is the next step for you.

    ReplyDelete