Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turning Old

My body is falling apart. I have known this for some time now. The newest part of my body that is falling apart is my teeth. It's time for a monologue so sit back and enjoy...

Monday I drank my lunch with my girlfriends at El Redo, the best Mexican restaurant in Des Moines Iowa. (I had Easter Monday off.) Hey, $1.50 drinks, what more do ladies need?

Dinner Monday night was popcorn. As I was eating my popcorn watching the basketball game I noticed that it felt like there was popcorn stuck to my back tooth. Not so much. In fact half of my tooth was no longer in my mouth. I thought oh great a cavity fell off....(back upper left) Called the dentist first thing in the morning and since I was in no pain I had a Wednesday morning appointment.

After a fast x-ray the Doctor came in to chat with me. In fact it was not a cavity that fell off but half of my tooth, the cavity is still there. My tooth has a large crack in it. Solution = tomorrow morning (Friday April 9th) they will be pulling OUT my tooth. Replacing it with NOTHING! After a large flip out attack in the dentist office I was able to leave after being hooked up to air b/c I could not breath. If I find that I miss my tooth they then will DRILL a rod into my jaw and attach a tooth to it at the cost of $1,500 if not more (and that is with dental insurance).

They say the whole thing will take about 2 min. to pull out. They are not putting me to sleep, I find that surprising since he seen how I acted about just the idea of this...

And people question why it takes me 5min. each night to clean my teeth, it's b/c much like my family I was blessed with bad expensive teeth that cause me pain.

I think Mitch Hedburg had the right idea when he talks about the need for spaces between teeth, really we should just all have two big U shaped teeth.

Anyways this will most likely be me tomorrow morning but since I am driving myself I just hope to make it home safe and sound.


1 comment: