Thursday, August 13, 2009

Michael Phelps or Shamu

Over the past few weeks I have built up my swimming from 20min to now an hour. I even went and got a pair of goggles to wear so the chemicals in the pool don't burn my eyes.

I have find this hour a great chance to think or more importantly to not think at all and just zone out doing something other then laying on the couch watching TV.

I am sure I look like Shamu in the water even though I would like to think of myself as the next Olympic girl Michael Phelps. Every time I come up for air I sound like a whale that I seen in Australia last summer.

The new swimming idea is two folded:
1.) I want to start to run sometime and I hear that it is much easier for swimmers to run. I am hoping that it will help with this goal of running over time.

2.) My back has been messed up since I moved at the end of July. Doing any other form of working out hurts to much and I have found swimming to be very relaxing.

After A LOT of convincing from Lacy and Bob, I went today for the first time ever to a physical therapist about the lower back pain. In a 2-3 weeks at $80 a week I should be back to normal or that is goal. It is NOT ok for Loaders to only be comfortable while standing, sitting and laying around is what I do best and I wish to not be in pain for those Olympic sports. I am looking forward to feeling better soon however I am not looking forward to the dent this is going to cause in money.

In other news. I fear it is time to go out and buy new clothes. The old clothes are starting to get to big. I don't know how I am ever going to find old FIA and NCYC t-shirts to wear daily that are a size smaller, I might have to start dressing like a women.

No comments:

Post a Comment