Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mid summer nights dream...


As I sit on this unusual cool evening in August I can't help but get excited that fall is right around the corner. Fall after all is my favorite season, and I am really looking forward to fall of 2010, a large part being work related. The past two weeks work has picked up dramatically. I went from working maybe five hours a week (and a half ass five hours they were) to putting in close to 40 and knowing that those hours will pick up as the weeks goes on. I love that I work for God and can pick and choose my hours. There are some months they are a bit busier and crazier then others but all in all it balances out.

A few highlights that I am looking forward to this upcoming school year.

- I am looking forward to teaching Confirmation with Erin. She is a fantastic parent volunteer that is better at my job then I am. I am looking forward to all the things I will learn from her.

- The diocese of Des Moines has asked to look into new programs and have a more standard curriculum across the bored. I am looking forward to the new program and the unique challenges that will come with that.

Choice 1) Call to Discipleship more information can be found here.
Choice 2)Life Teen more information can be found here.

Both programs look great, it is just looking as to what program will best fit the needs of my Youth Ministry program, I am leaning towards Call to Discipleship. Any input is welcome.

- Volunteering on the vocation community for the Diocese of Des Moines has been fantastic and I look forward to seeing the direction that it will go.

- Novos is the new young adult program that the diocese is starting and I was asked to sit on part of the core planning team. So far I feel like things are off to a good start, and I also enjoy that my part in this planning team is very little so far, however I am still able to use my gift of organization!

- The Youth Choir that I started last spring really took off and I am looking forward to seeing it grow this fall and into next spring! They sound fantastic and everyone loves when they sing at church! (Don't worry I am not in the choir at all...)

And of course how can you forget that football season is just a few weeks away. CAN'T EVEN WAIT!

Add in their Grandma's 90 Birthday Party, Thanksgiving with Ray and Mary, and a trip to New Orleans in December .... I have a feeling this fall is going to be a good one...


No comments:

Post a Comment