Saturday, August 7, 2010

Florida vacation 2010


I had a chance this summer to head down to Panama City Florida to spend some time with my good friend Amy, meet Amy...

I have loved my time down here and enjoyed spending time with Amy and her family. Her mom, step dad, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew live about an hour away in Mexico Beach and we where blessed to spend so much time together. Some highlights of the trip...

-Spending time with Amy, lately I have learned the value of amazing girlfriends in my life and I am so blessed to have her as part of my life.

-Going swimming everyday and hitting up the beach. This Iowa girl did not come home white!

-Going to Gulf World with Amy's family to see all of the animals!

-Cooking with Amy and making the perfect Mojito recipe.

- Going out in the boat on the Gulf. Seeing Jellyfish in the water, swimming at a State Park with stingray's (not a fan of them!), seeing Black Island (from the boat). The ride back was a bit rough... don't worry food did stay down!

- Going to a country bar and watching all the redneck's locals go crazy with songs I have never heard of. Also, getting hit on by a 40 year old married guy with his wife in the bar as well... don't worry left quickly after finding out!

- Cleaning and organizing Amy's apart! It looks great now...

- Dinner with my friend Brandi back from volunteering days. It was so great to be connected with long lost friends again.

- I was able to try boiled peanuts for the first time and they are better then chips and salsa!

- Going to CVS three times!

- Taking pictures of Amy to send to Guam Boy.

Lasting memories created this past week in Florida! Pictures are on my facebook feel free to check them out..Thank you for everything Amy, Debbie, Andrew and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment