Sunday, July 4, 2010

A handy woman...

I have blogged a few times about the struggles that i have with my bedroom and finding a location for everything to fit in a form I enjoy. I need the prayer chair to be in a great location or it is not used. The other day while swimming I was thinking about different options that I had to get my room back to a place that I enjoyed walking into and that I liked.

So, Friday afternoon after spending most of the morning watching Lost I got off the couch and took a shower. Off to Target I went to get a curtain for my window. You see I can't have my bed how it fits best b/c the window is at my head and the sunlight at 6 AM wakes me up. I picked something out, and headed home. I dug through all the rods that where left behind from the last renters and found something that was classy and would pull the whole look off. It was shortly after I got ready to hang the rod on the wall that I seen I would need an electric drill. Then I remembered that Ray was going to give us his old one. I looked up and behold it sat on the self in all it's glory! It was the first time I ever used an electric drill on my own, and it was a lot of fun! (I only had to call dad once for help!) I am pretty impressed with the look. I think it adds a great touch of color to the room!
Also I don't think any one would have guessed that it is a shower curtain.

So all that is needed now is a head bored so my pillows will stay on, and my room will be done! I am sure my good friend Maggie will look when she gets home from Colorado, she is after all the queen of Craigslist, please see here.
In other news it has been decided that Andy Miller's role in the Luau will be to get a shaved ice machine for shaved ice rum and cokes. I approve. Anything to get people feeling good as I enter into the heavenly gates is a must. Also Maggie if you could please look for a shaved ice machine and not a snow cone machine Miller Light would be thankful.

2 comments: