Thursday, April 9, 2009

TRIDUUM and other life updates....

The church at St. John's is almost ready for Holy Thursday's mass: the white flowers are up, the feet washing stations are out, new candles are ready to be lit, and the adoration chapel is ready for prayer. I need to run and get more white towels for the washing of the feet, and then everything will be in place.

Many of us that work for the Catholic Church call this not only Holy Week but Holy Hell Week. There are so many small things that need to be done to make sure everything runs smoothly. I have taken extra time this year in prayer while doing preparation. It has truly made a difference. These three days are a gift, it is my prayer that you are an active participant....

Other Highlights:

The running is going slow but well.

Not talking on the phone while driving is HARD!

I have got a bad cold or allergies are here. As long as I take drugs I am good.

I will be on the radio next Friday morning with Bishop Pates, if you live in the Des Moines area you should tune in to hear me on KWKY 1150 AM at 9 AM.

Andy is coming into town on Good Friday! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Prayer request: Please pray for a high school student of mine who is having a hard time with homework. We talked about doing a month of self improvement and her goal this month is homework. Please pray for her.

God Bless you on the first day of the Easter Triduum!

No comments:

Post a Comment