Wednesday, April 1, 2009

These items are not Apirl Fool's jokes....

Happy April!

April's word is "fool" .... I will try to incorporate the word "fool" into everyday life the month of April. If you have a word for May let me know and I will pass them on to my good friend who picks the words for me each month.

One of the things that I am doing this lent is buckling up each time I get in the car. I know that for so many Americana's this is a non-issue however it is something that I have struggled with due to being lazy. This has become very useful in my life now because while buckling I do a short prayer for safe travels, it's been nice! Yesterday when pulling out of the gym parking lot this foolish lady almost ran into me because she was talking on the cell phone while driving. I could not help but think of how often I have done that. So...April's self improvement goal is to no longer talk or text on the cell phone while driving. This will be a struggle since this is when I make 60% of my phone calls. I am looking forward to seeing if it makes me a better driver and more alert to what is going on around me. I will keep everyone posted.

I have made it my goal to be able to run a 5K by September 2009 or maybe 2010. On Monday I started the Couch-to-5k running plan. I would say that I am at .1 of week one with this plan. My goal is by the end of April to make it to week 2. Hey, everyone has to start someplace. I have some friends joining me on the journey to run as well, so please pray!

Well those are the April updates from my life....more to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. Funny how you can say you are lazy but yet spend time doing a blog! :) it is all about priorities and self worth... and you know where you sit on that topic young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph Nader would be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this, too! Starting today!!! YAY, SUAVE FORMER ROOMMATE!

    ReplyDelete