Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Miracles do happen ..

and this week it takes place in the fact that I have two blogs in one week.

Two things that I wish to share with the few people that read this....

1.) There was a funeral today at church and the lady who's mother passed away did not want our funeral ladies to put on the lunch so she did it herself. I could go on about this but I will not.. what I was amazed by was the amount of wast that that took place in her doing it herself. I am not talking about food wast, I am talking about the number of items that will be put into the trash. All of the trays, and paper products (growing to hate). I told her that I would take her aluminum trays that she was going to throw away so if anyone needs one, I should have some waiting for me in the office when I get in tomorrow. It makes me sick to think about how much trash I throw away and knowing that I TRY to recycle.

Yesterday I spent an extra $10 more on a product at Target b/c it has less wast that came with it. Same product just different packaging.

When I asked a good friend why they did not have paper towels in there kitchen they made an amazing point. A paper towel is a tree that you cut down to whip something up once to then be thrown away.

I never thought that I would be the kind of person who cared about trash, but I can say now that I am happy that I am and I look forward to seeing growth in this area of being Green b/c I know I have a long ways to go.

In other news I have started to eat healthy again and have lost 8lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, when I got done reading your blog it took me a min to realize it was yours and not someone else.

    ReplyDelete