Monday, June 22, 2009

Current Temp: 101

Hello from M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I!

Day one of the summer program is going great! In the morning I helped out in arts and crafts and painted a great flower. I spent the afternoon in the pool flopping around like a beached whale teaching kids how to swim. It made me thankful for all the hours my mom and dad spent with me in the water teaching how to swim.

Yesterday when it is only 99 outside we went to the horse races. It was fun to people watch and I think I lost 6 pounds just sitting outside in that heat. We then went to the Do-Drop to get a bit to eat. The Do-Drop is a double wide trailer out in the country that is half bar, half dance floor. I was the only white person in the joint and was the center of everyone eye for the first 20min. or so that I was in the club.

The first time I was down here four years ago we took a bus trip up to Ohio, half way home the air quite working. This trip my 2nd plane did not have air on it nor did the Do-Drop club. Air is a MUST for down here in late June!

Pictures to come soon. Ta ta for now!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment